Banner

Orchard Girls

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

WWEW: Link Party & Refreshing Cucumber Salad

Welcome back to What We Eat Wednesday! As the warmer months start approaching, I start looking for nice refreshing recipes that don't require much work or an oven/stove top. I decided to give this Cucumber Salad a go, and I think we have a winner. I looked over several recipes, and sort of adapted it to fit our liking. While looking up recipes, I found out that this is actually a fairly common Polish recipe called Mizeria. I definitely knew I needed to make it after reading that, since I'm part polish and love finding things having to do with the culture.

Ingredients:
-1 large cucumber
-salt
-1 Tbs sour cream
-1/2 tsp dill
-juice from 1/2 of a lemon (many recipes call for vinegar instead)
-2 pinches of sugar
-pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Peel your cucumber and slice thinly. Place in colander. Sprinkle with salt (I just eyeballed it). Let sit for about a half hour for some liquid to drain.
2. While cucumber slices are draining a bit, mix all other ingredients into a small bowl. Cover and put in the fridge.
3. Place cucumber slices on paper towels and pat/press dry. Don't rinse off the salt.
4. Add cucumbers to sauce, mix. Either let sit in the fridge for a while or serve. We let ours sit, and it was delicious.

Now for the Link Party Feature from last week. I chose these delicious looking Cake Mix Peanut Butter Cookies from Yesterfood. I'm going to give these a go this week!
Time to link up! Link up any of your favorite recipes, you can do up to 3 posts. Also, be sure to check out our co-host Alexis over at Laugh Eat Learn.




3 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting the party. The cucumber salad sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Thank YOU for stopping by and linking up, hope to see you again next week :)
      -Kayla

      Delete
  2. Oops. I just realized that my link is not a recipe. Please delete it #11. Sorry

    ReplyDelete

Pinterest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...