Banner

Orchard Girls

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Thrifty Thursday: Another Thrift Store Tray Redo!

Happy Thursday! I did a project last week that I thought I'd share with you guys. I did this for my Mom, as she wanted a tray to put on her coffee table. She likes french country sort of stuff, so I decided to paint a tray with a floral/bird design. But first, it looked like this.
Sorry for the poor quality phone photo. I just took this to send to her, I didn't think to make a post about it until after it was finished. You can see a lovely family of geese here. Not really Mom's style. So I taped off around the border that was already there, and painted over the geese. Once that was dry, I got to work on the actual floral/bird design. Here is how it turned out.
My bird is a little chubby, but that's okay. More endearing, right? I just used my acrylic paints to do this. I still need to put a coat of poly or something over it, so she can use it for food and the like. What do you guys think? I think it looks pretty good for a $2.99 tray.

Since the weather has been nicer, and it has been staying lighter longer, we have been trying to go on more walks. It's getting harder and harder with this growing belly, but I still need my exercise! I just need a few more breaks when walking up the hills. :) We made it to the top of our favorite little hill behind our house. There were some coyotes calling in the distance, and our dog Bella was listening very intently. I captured this picture of her face and just love it. I love her eyes and the fact that her lip is stuck on her bottom teeth. She is such a beautiful Chocolate Lab, and the color of her coat looks especially nice in the sunset light.
I hope you all are doing well. I won't be back until next Wednesday, so I will wish you all a happy weekend now. Thank you for all of your support :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...