1. Make some bunting! You can follow Kayla's post on making bunting, or you can make some the way I did. My bunting is definitely more temporary than Kayla's, but it is probably quicker and easier to assemble. All I did was cut out triangles from scrapbook paper I already had, punched holes on both of the top corners, and strung a thin piece of ribbon all the way through.
3. Use things you already have at home. I collect milk glass, and it is perfect for displaying treats, plates and napkins! I also already had the red flowers & flag, and the assorted dish towels.
Fun fact: that flag is the one I was gripping the night Adam returned home from his first overseas deployment.
4. Use fun labels. I made my own, and stuck them into my treats! You can use them by downloading them for free HERE and HERE.
Now for the yummy stuff!
1. Apple Pie. What is more American than Apple Pie?! I'd share my recipe with you, but my husband would kill me! Hint: its all in the apple.
2. Berry Bombs! These babies were gone within minutes of making them! All you do is hollow out some strawberries, make some cream cheese frosting, pipe it into the strawberries, and top with a blueberry!
Kayla's 4th of July Treats and call them the same thing :)
What is everyone else planning for the 4th? I don't think we're doing anything on the actual day, as hubby probably needs to work, but we're going to a BBQ over the weekend that we are super excited for.
Have an awesome day!