Banner

Orchard Girls

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Thrifty Thursday--Chevron Tray Redo

Good evening! Getting the post up a bit late today, but I pulled off a one day project that I'm pretty pleased with. It has been snowing off and on all day today. I mean, we've only got about an inch or two...nothing compared to what much of the rest of the country is dealing with. 

Anyway, Kenzie and I ventured out to do some thrifting! Goodwill is having a sale til February 9th here, all books 50% off. I ended up getting a few fun board books for Adeline. I also got a large toy basket ($6.00). Lastly, I got this fun tray!
Now, it doesn't get much easier than this. The chevron print was already on this tray. I actually think it looks good just like this, but wanted to do something a bit more, just to update it. I decided to paint one of the alternate stripes white. Then I also painted the sides and handles white. After that I noticed the paint was really chipping off quite easily. I decided to use some clear mod podge to seal the surface of the tray. While doing that, I added some yellow scrapbook paper to the handles for a pop of color. This project cost a whopping $1.99! Here is how it turned out.


What do you think? I think it turned out pretty good, I'll have to figure out a "home" for our new tray! What thrifty projects have you completed lately? I'd love to hear about them! :)
We link up to these parties HERE!

2 comments:

Pinterest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...