Banner

Orchard Girls

Monday, July 1, 2013

4th of July Party & Treat Ideas!

I can't believe that it is July already! I hope you all had a wonderful June, and that you have a lot of fun things planned for this coming month. This week we will be celebrating 4th of July, and I've come up with a few simple party decorating ideas, as well as some tasty treats! No matter what you're doing to celebrate, whipping up some of these festive delights will make someone happy...even if it is just yourself. :)
Some quick decorating ideas:
1. Make some bunting! You can follow Kayla's post on making bunting, or you can make some the way I did. My bunting is definitely more temporary than Kayla's, but it is probably quicker and easier to assemble. All I did was cut out triangles from scrapbook paper I already had, punched holes on both of the top corners, and strung a thin piece of ribbon all the way through.
2. Head to the dollar store! They have some great options for 4th of July. I got a couple of placemats, some leis, ribbon, and other random things.
3. Use things you already have at home. I collect milk glass, and it is perfect for displaying treats, plates and napkins! I also already had the red flowers & flag, and the assorted dish towels.
Fun fact: that flag is the one I was gripping the night Adam returned home from his first overseas deployment.
4. Use fun labels. I made my own, and stuck them into my treats! You can use them by downloading them for free HERE and HERE.

Now for the yummy stuff!
1. Apple Pie. What is more American than Apple Pie?! I'd share my recipe with you, but my husband would kill me! Hint: its all in the apple.
2. Berry Bombs! These babies were gone within minutes of making them! All you do is hollow out some strawberries, make some cream cheese frosting, pipe it into the strawberries, and top with a blueberry!
3. Sparkler Pops! These look like cake pops, but I have a secret. I used donut holes! I also used melted white chocolate pieces, and sprinkles. You could also make Kayla's 4th of July Treats and call them the same thing :)
4. Red & White Sangria! This has to be the world's easiest sangria. I first tasted it 2 years ago, coincidentally, at a 4th of July BBQ. All you need: A bottle of wine (used merlot for red, and chardonnay for white), a 1liter bottle of sparkling flavored water, and berries. That's it. They all fit neatly into a gallon size pitcher. I let it sit in the fridge overnight so the berries soak up some of the liquid! Also, I made icecubes with blueberries in them :)
I hope you all have a great 4th of July, and let us know if you decide to make any of our yummy treats. My family ate all of these this weekend, so I guess you can say we celebrated early, or are very patriotic!

What is everyone else planning for the 4th? I don't think we're doing anything on the actual day, as hubby probably needs to work, but we're going to a BBQ over the weekend that we are super excited for.

Have an awesome day!
Check out all of the linky parties we link to here!

2 comments:

  1. Omg! Super cute! And the donut hole tip is so clever! Thank you for sharing at Give Me The Goods!

    Dimples & Pig Tales

    New follower too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Amber! I can't remember where I read about using donut holes, but they sure make life easier when trying to make cake pops! :)

    ReplyDelete

Pinterest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...