Banner

Orchard Girls

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Thrifty Thursday: Turn Costco Container into Dog Treat Canister

Hey everyone! For Thrifty Thursday, I decided to "shop my stash" and see what I could come up with. We had a couple of these babies laying around...
First off, my hubby loves this pub mix! I'm kind of mad at myself for throwing out the previous ones we've had. You could use these for so many things! Sugar, flour, rice, noodles, laundry detergent, candy... the list is endless!

We have been needing something to hold the dog biscuits we keep around for the 3 dogs currently living at our house. I figured one of these would be perfect! I also used some Dollar Store shelf liner (the same kind I used on my drawers), some adhesive labels, and black acrylic paint. That's all!
This was kindof one of those projects where I just went with the flow. I didn't have a clear picture in my head, but I actually love the way it turned out. The dogs love it, too :)

Have a great day everyone!

Check out all of the linky parties we link to by visiting our always growing LINKY PARTY DIRECTORY!

8 comments:

  1. I love finding new ways to repurpose things like this! I have a similar type container for my dogs treats and now I want to decorate it:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, Julie! It's pretty fun :) Thanks for stopping by!
      -Kenzie

      Delete
  2. Super cute idea! I love repurposing things. Glad to discover you on the "silly hop!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Repurposing is the way to go! Ends up saving lots of money. Thank you for stopping by and commenting!
      -Kenzie

      Delete
  3. awesome! Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome! Thank YOU! Hope you had a great weekend!
      -Kenzie

      Delete

Pinterest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...