1. Nursing Bras. These make life a lot easier. I have a few of the snap down kind and also several "sleep" bras that look like sports bras, but easily pull down. All of my favorites have come from Target. Here is the link for the snap down bras, and the sleep bras.
2. Nursing Pads. It's a little frustrating to have to use these, but what can a girl do? The reason I have lots of nursing bras is because I go through at least 2 a day! During feedings or during the night, the bra gets soaked with milk. The nursing pads make that happen hardly at all! I like these ones for night time, and these ones for during the day.
3. DIY Burp Clothes. I made 2 different kinds of these. I made some just like the ones Kayla made, and also made some out of cloth diapers. I like them both a lot. The cloth diaper ones are much more absorbent, though.
4. Boppy Pillow. This was especially helpful in the beginning when I was trying to get the positioning down. Now that baby is bigger and I've had more experience, I don't use it as often. But it was a life saver when I was still figuring things out.
5. A good Breast Pump. Now, I don't pump all that often. I try to pump only when I will need a bottle either that day or the next. I hate the thought of milk going bad in the fridge, and I know I won't need enough of it to start freezing. With that said, I want a good pump when I need it, since I don't have tons of time to sit and wait. Currently, I'm using the Ameda Purely Yours Double Electric Breast Pump, which I graciously received from Ameda. You can read more about it on their site. I think this is an awesome pump. I've also used the Medela Backpack Double Electric Breast Pump, and I think the Ameda one is comparable, but quite a bit cheaper. I like that you can adjust the suction AND the speed. You don't have that option on the Medela one. I get the same amount of milk from each pump, as well.
Now for an exciting giveaway! Ameda has offered to give one of our readers a FREE PUMP! Can you believe it!? You will be receiving the same one that I have, the Purely Yours Carry All Double Electric Breast Pump. Enter below!a Rafflecopter giveaway
Thanks, guys! Hope you have an amazing weekend!