1 lb ground beef
29 oz tomato sauce
29 oz tomato paste
4.25 oz can chopped olives
1 pkt (1.5 oz) spaghetti seasoning (or use your own seasonings)
20 oz ricotta cheese (you can use more or less, depending on your taste)
4 cups mozzarella cheese
approximately 12 lasagna noodles
1. Brown ground beef in large skillet. Drain fat.
2. Add tomato sauce, puree, olives, and seasoning packet to skillet. Let simmer approximately 20-30 minutes.
3. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add lasagna noodles. Cook until almost done, but not quite.
4. Using a 9x9 inch baking dish (or whatever you have, but not smaller), add about a half inch of the tomato sauce to the bottom of the dish. Add a layer of noodles, about 3 noodles should do it. Add another layer of the tomato sauce, more than before.
5. Mix the ricotta cheese with the 2 eggs. Add a layer of that on top of the tomato sauce and swirl with a fork. Top with a layer of mozzarella cheese. Then top with another layer of noodles.
6. Continue this pattern until you reach the top of your dish or run out of any of the layers.
7. Make sure tomato sauce is layered on the top. Cover with foil and bake at 325 for about 50 minutes.
8. Remove lasagna and top with another layer of mozzarella cheese. Stick back in the oven for 10 minutes, uncovered.
9. Let sit a while before serving, otherwise it will be a little runny.
Now, onto the recipe I selected to be the feature for this week! I chose the Cherry Salsa from Love Food Will Share! This looks super yummy, and we have a bunch of cherries I need to do something with. This looks perfect. Thanks so much for sharing.
Get ready to link up those recipes! Enter a few of your favorite recipes from the week. Also, be sure to check out Alexis over at Laugh, Eat, Learn!