Banner

Orchard Girls

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

WWEW: Link Party & Cowboy Sushi with a Northwest Twist

Welcome back to another What We Eat Wednesday! Be sure to stay til the end of this post so you can link up your favorite recipes from the last week. Before that, I have a super tasty recipe to share. I don't know if you guys have ever heard of cowboy sushi, but it's basically ham, cream cheese, and pickles all rolled up together. They are a definite favorite around here. I decided to mix it up and use a special cream cheese spread I found last week.
So basically all I used was:
-some slices of ham (I had smoked bourbon)
-Philadelphia Cream Cheese Smoked Salmon Spread
-baby pickles

And I:
1. Cut each piece of ham in half and coated in cream cheese spread. Wrapped the mini pickle with the ham (cream cheese on the inside, it holds it all together). Cut each of these in half. Sometimes I poke them with a toothpick to make for easier eating.

These are such an easy appetizer to make for guests, or just for a little snack. I've definitely had pickle cravings since being pregnant, and have been caught making one or two of these just for myself.

Now, onto which recipe I decided to feature for this week's WWEW Link Party. 
Don't these look DELICIOUS! I can't wait to make these.

Time to link up your favorite recipe posts from the last week. I look forward to seeing what you all have to share this week! As always, make sure to check out our co-host Alexis at Laugh.Eat.Learn.




6 comments:

  1. I've never heard of these but they look strangely good! I'll have to try them sometime!

    Alexis ♥ Laugh. Eat. Learn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that the first time Adam made them for me. Try them with regular cream cheese first :)
      -Kenzie

      Delete
  2. The feature looks great. Thanks for hosting this recipe link up. Would love if you stopped over to The Yuck Stops Here! recipe link up and share some of your recipes too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Erlene! We will have to come check it out. And those cookies DO look great.
      -Kenzie

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Yes, you do! They are soooo delicious.
      -Kenzie

      Delete

Pinterest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...