Banner

Orchard Girls

Friday, April 4, 2014

March Favorites- Kenzie

Happy Friday! Today, I thought it would be fun to share some of the things that I've really been enjoying this last month. Some of them might be all-time faves, or things I just have been using or discovered. I'm sure this list will get pretty random, but it's always good to know if someone likes something before you purchase it blindly.
Food/Kitchen
Garden of Eatin' Sweet Potato Tortilla Chips
These are SO GOOD! I picked them up on a whim when I was in Fred Meyer, and now I can't eat my salsa without them.

Emerald Valley Salsa
I picked this salsa up during the same trip to Fred Meyer. I thought I would just give it a try, but I normally don't love store bought salsa. I was very impressed with this one! The texture is similar to my homemade salsa, and I could eat a whole container with that bag of sweet potato chips! I've seen it at Safeway, too.

Hamilton Beach Handheld Blender
I have had this blender for quite a long time. It's been used to make tons of protein shakes and fruit smoothies. Lately, I've been having LOTS of fruit cravings, so I use this to whip me up a healthy smoothie. I always use whole frozen strawberries in my smoothies, so that speaks to the quality of the blades in this blender.

Cleaning
Swiffer Wet Jet
I have a love/hate relationship with our tile flooring. It covers our entire house and is quite the task to clean. I've had a hard time finding a cleaner that doesn't leave a residue. I decided to give this a try, as the regular swiffer cleaner pads never left a residue (I just ended up using 15 to clean my house!). I've been very pleased! I can clean my whole house with about 3 pads, and I'm still working on my first bottle of the Febreze Anti-Bacterial Cleanser.

Our Kirby Sentria Vacuum
People. Seriously. We bought this from some infamous door-to-door salesmen well over a year ago now, when we lived in North Carolina. I'm pretty sure we bought it just so they would get out of our house (it was almost 11pm when they left). Safe to say we thought we had been scammed. They were there forever because my husband would not let them sell it to us until it was at it's lowest possible price. All of the poor reviews I've read on this vacuum have to do with customer service and salespeople, but the vacuum is seriously amazing. The suction is unparalleled and it can take a beating. My husband uses this instead of his shop-vac! The only complaints I've ever had is that it's heavy, and changing to attachments is annoying- but for cleaning, it's the only thing I trust to get all of the dirt. If anyone would like a full review, I would be happy to do so.

Decor
Sorry for the crappy phone picture. I just wanted to note the lamp and the pillow. I picked them both up very recently at TJ Maxx, so they should still be there if you're on the hunt. They both lighten up the room and make it feel much more "spring."

Beauty
Aveeno Foaming Cleanser
We've been using this cleanser for over a year and a half. Love it. Gets off all of my makeup in one go, and helped control my breakouts. Very easy to use, since it's a foam. Hubby likes it, too.

Maybelline Fit Me Foundation
I love this stuff. It has been lasting me forever. It has a light coverage, which is what I've been liking since it has been getting warmer out. Also, this is one of the only color matches I've found for my skin color. Most other drugstore foundations are too dark or too pink.

Revlon Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser Treatment
I've gone through a bunch of these since they first came out. I love the formulation. It's super creamy but doesn't crease. I use the brightener version of this underneath my regular skin toned concealer. I can't live without it now.

So, there you go! Let me know if you guys like posts like these, and maybe Kayla and I can do them at the end of each month.

Have a wonderful weekend, hopefully you all get some sunshine :)

Linking to these parties!

1 comment:

Pinterest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...