Banner

Orchard Girls

Saturday, September 13, 2014

DIY Makeup Storage and Organization

I hope you're all having a great weekend so far! Today I wanted to share a project I have been working on for a while now, and I finally feel like it's complete. Here is my makeup area, which is located in mine and Daniel's room. My makeup table is from IKEA, you can find it HERE! Here are a few pictures and DIY storage solutions to keep your makeup area clean and organized.
The arrow picture is from Hobby Lobby - it was only $5.99 after 50% off the original price.
My favorite part of my new makeup area is the hanging buckets! I think it is so cute as well as functional. It frees up space on your table giving you more room for other makeup items, or more open space. I used a cheap curtain rod from joann's ($4.99) and curtain rod clips ($8.99 for 10 clips) to hang these cute chalkboard label buckets. I found the buckets at Target in the dollar section, but actually scored them for .24 cents a piece!
I got a set of these white buckets with gray hearts at Ikea, a while ago.
I used a chalkboard/barista white marker from Joann's to label all of my storage bins/buckets. Below is a breakdown of each bin/section on my makeup table.
Hanging Buckets (Target dollar section)
1. Face (foundation, BB cream, everyday bronzer)
2. Eye Shadows (the eye shadows I use daily)
3. Brows & Lashes (eyebrow pencil, eyeliner, mascara, eyelash curler)
4. Lips and Ipsy Samples (daily lip items and smaller ipsy makeup samples)
Large black divided container (Craft Warehouse)
-Eye shadow palettes and Lotions
Black boxes with blue hearts (Target dollar section)
-Extras (mostly single and duo eye shadows)
White bucket with gray heart
Makeup brushes
Smaller Black divided container (Craft Warehouse)
-Lotions, Blush/bronzer, favorite nail polishes
Hopefully this gave you a few ideas and some inspiration to organize your own makeup area! Feel free to let us know what you think in the comments section below, we love hearing from you. I hope you enjoy the rest of your wekkend :)

4 comments:

  1. What a cute and updated idea to store all your makeup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up at Rhinestone Beagle! Come by and check out our "wanted" post for crafters like you to participate in out annual Howl-oween Craftathon. We'd love to have you join in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea, I need this for my make up :) featuring your post at Creative Mondays ,,,thanks for linking up..

    ReplyDelete

Pinterest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...