Go figure, right after we announce our new blog schedule I actually have a free minute to work on this project! Anyway, I was so excited about this project I just had to share it with you all!
This project was overall pretty easy.
I used the tutorial from Pretty Prudent, so be sure to refer back to their post for more more detailed instructions and "how to" pictures.
For this project I used two pieces of fabric.
Main Fabric--> 30.5'' x 32"
Accent Fabric--> 17.5" x 32"
- Lay your fabrics together along the 32″ sides with right sides facing and sew them together
-Fold it in half lengthwise and then widthwise and then cut out an 8″ square at the outside corner (the one with no folds).
-Bring the two sides of a square together, right sides facing and sew them together.
-Repeat on all four corners
-Next, create a tube for the elastic. On the inside edge that is raw, fold over 1/2″ or so and iron, all the way around. Then fold it another inch, iron and pin in place.
Starting next to a corner, sew it in place at the edge of the seam, leaving a hole at the corner to feed your elastic through, backstitching at beginning and end:
Cut a 36″ piece of elastic, 5/8″ thickness or smaller (i used 3/8″):
Attach a safety pin to one side of the elastic and attach the other side to the changing pad cover with a pin and feed the elastic through the tube: When you pull it out, sew the two sides together –I sewed a box with an X in the middle. And then sew the hole closed and that’s it! You are done! It should look like this from the bottom:
Now I just had to see if it worked...and it did! It fits perfect.
Linking this post to these parties HERE!