Here's the boy:
I'm going for more of a rustic log cabin feel. Here is a breakdown of the items, in case you're looking for anything like this.
From top left corner:
1. A painting I found on pinterest that does not have a link back to anywhere. I don't intend to buy this, but I do intend to make my own artwork similar to this.
2. Be Brave printable. I love finding cute printables like this!
3. Hand made quilt. So sweet! I want to make my own blankets and such, but this is great inspiration.
4. Green recliner chair. We actually already have a lazyboy recliner/rocker chair that is similar to this. We bought is a couple of years ago in hopes of using it in a nursery. We found it used (but practically new) and had to swipe it up for the price.
5. Cool Breeze paint by Benjamin Moore. We have already painted the walls of the room white, but I plan on adding this color to the ceiling.
6. Faux Sheepskin Rug from Ikea. At $10 a pop, I plan on getting a few of these to cozy up our tile floor.
7. Round Basket from Target. I want to get a couple of these for books and blankets.
8. White Dresser from Ikea. This is another piece that we already own. It isn't identical, but it's similar.
9. Rug from Urban Outfitters. I think this rug adds the perfect amount of color and "rustic-ness" to the room. And you can't beat the price. It doesn't look super comfy, but that's what the sheepskins are for.
And here is what I came up with for a girl:
You'll notice a lot of the same pieces. I really want to incorporate what we already have. For a little girl, I want to add a whole bunch of floral fabric. I didn't picture much here, but my plan is to mismatch florals. Here's the breakdown:
1. Another hand made quilt. I just love the fabric on this.
2. Hand made "E" sign. This was another pinterest find that I could not find a link to. Basically it looks like burlap covered canvas with the initial made out of buttons. Easy enough, right? Here is a link to a tutorial very similar to this, though!
3. I love this artwork. This is just inspiration from another nursery.
4. The same white dresser from Ikea.
5. I would like to change out the knobs on the dresser for these ones from Target.
6. The same paint on the ceiling.
7. The same baskets for storage.
8. The same green chair for rocking my baby to sleep.
9. The same white crib.
10. The same faux sheepskin rugs.
11. Another rug from Urban Outfitters. This one is so cute!
Also, here are a couple of mobiles that I'm looking at for inspiration. They are kind of pricey to buy, so I might give making these a go. Here is one for a boy:
And a girl:
I am itching to get started on this! We don't find out the gender until the middle of February. Thankfully I have several pieces I can pick up now. I will keep you all updated on how the nursery is coming, and I'm sure I will have lots of tutorials for homemade artwork and sewing projects.
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! We have been out of town for most of the week and I'm thankful we are going home today. We've been in downtown Portland, and I'm not much of a city girl. I'm aching to be home to get some peace & quiet!