Banner

Orchard Girls

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Thifty Thursday: Finding Wall Art at the Thrift Store

Hey all! I thought I would show you some of the amazing wall art I have found over the last several months at the thrift store.

When it comes to finding wall art, you have to open yourself up a bit. Some of the things I've found look a little outdated, or unfinished, or just plain gross. But they had potential, and that's why I bought them. The most I've spent on any of these pieces is 5 dollars, so that doesn't hurt either!

First off, I will share some pieces I found for our small bathroom. I believe I paid 2.99 for each piece. I didn't do anything to these pictures except give them a little cleaning. I thought they looked pretty good without any changes.
Next up is a print that I found for 2.99, as well. Its signed by the artist, and came packaged in the original plastic sleeve! This was something I found on a random night I decided to pop into Value Village. I'm so glad I did! I thought the watercolor painting was absolutely beautiful. All I had to do was buy a frame, which I found on sale at Hobby Lobby.
The last piece I will show you is hanging above our fireplace. I knew I would need something big for this space, and when I saw this at Goodwill for 5 dollars, I decided to bring it home. It is HUGE, and was a bit of a pain to fit in the car, but it was worth it. This was probably the piece that needed the most work. The frame is covered in paper and it was peeling in random spots, and someday we may replace the frame entirely. But, for a quick fix, I decided to just paint it white. I also cleaned this piece, as it was kinda nasty. All in all, I think it was totally worth the 5 dollars.
Have you found any nice pieces to hang on your wall at the thrift store? I have a couple more things that I've purchased that still need a little love. Maybe I will share those with you once I've completed them.

I hope you're having a great week! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...