I have a confession to make. I, Kenzie, am addicted to YouTube makeup videos. I have been for about 3 years now. Maybe more. Now that its off my chest, I feel like I can speak openly about my obsession.
One of the most important things to remember when making a makeup area for yourself, is that things need to be organized. If you're a makeup lover like me, you may have accumulated many items. Try to keep them organized so you can find them easily. Here are a few tips.
1. Use small plastic (easier to clean) baskets to separate makeup. Either in drawers or on top of your surface.
2. Keep your brushes nice by standing them up in a jar. Use filler beads to keep them standing straight. You won't end up with any wonky bristles this way.
3. Keep a trash can near by. I got this cute one at the dollar store. It somehow makes me happy to throw trash away. This helps keep trash from accumulating on your table or surface.
4. Use storage boxes to keep things put away or hidden. Too much clutter can make things look messy.
1. Make sure you have good lighting. I am lucky enough to have a big window in front of my table. I use natural light. Natural light is the best light. If you don't have a window, get a lighted mirror, or set up some lamps.
2. Keep important items at arms reach. I have 2 small white baskets (from target) on the top of my table that hold my everyday makeup and skincare items. All the rest are divided in my small drawer system. I also have a mail divider that holds all of my pallets. Also, my brushes are always kept on top of the table.
3. Make it comfortable. You'll see in the very first photograph, I have a pretty big comfy chair. Yes, it gets a little bothersome to move it constantly, but I'm always comfortable when I'm doing my makeup.
4. Set out pretty things. Pretty things make me happy. Set out a plant, frame a favorite photo, use containers with designs you like.
Before I had this table (which I inherited from my mother), I used to use an old dresser. I kept all of my makeup organized within the top drawer. It was difficult to lean close enough to the mirror. It just wasn't very enjoyable, though it worked. I wish I had a picture of that to show you, but we've since recycled the dresser to another part of the house.
I hope these tips gave you some ideas to spruce up your getting ready routine. I really feel that the way you get ready in the morning sets up your entire day. If you are rushed, your whole day will feel rushed. Maybe that's just me, though. :)
I also hope that you all have absolutely blessed weekends! Tell your Mama you love her!